Paul-Henri Nargeolet is a highly regarded French maritime expert known for his significant contributions to underwater exploration and preservation. With a passion for the ocean ingrained in him from an early age, Nargeolet’s career has been dedicated to studying and uncovering the secrets of the deep sea.
His expertise extends to various roles, including serving in the French Navy as a mine-clearing diver, deep-sea diver, and submarine pilot.
After his military service, Nargeolet continued his pursuit of maritime knowledge by working with IFREMER. He was involved in early expeditions to the famous Titanic wreck at this renowned French maritime research institute.
Who is Paul-Henri Nargeolet?
Paul-Henri Nargeolet came to this world in 1946, in Chamonix, in the French Alps. As an avid amateur diver during his youth, he developed a deep fascination for the underwater world.
This passion eventually led him to join the French Navy in 1964, marking the beginning of a remarkable career in maritime exploration. His age is 77 years old.
Paul-Henri Nargeolet is a Businessman, Entrepreneur and Diver serving as the Underwater Research Program Director at Premier Exhibitions, RMS Titanic, Inc.
Throughout his 25 years of service in the French Navy, Mr Nargeolet honed his skills and expertise in various roles.
He served as a mine-clearing diver, a deep-sea diver, and a submarine pilot, acquiring invaluable experience and knowledge in underwater operations.
Following his military career, he joined IFREMER, a prestigious French maritime research institute, where he assumed responsibility for their submarine exploration crafts.
Similar Article: Hamish Harding Wife and Children: Meet His Wife Linda Harding
Early Life: Paul-Henri Nargeolet Career
Paul-Henri Nargeolet’s illustrious career is marked by a diverse range of experiences and notable positions in the maritime and diving industry.
In September 1964, he embarked on his professional journey as a Commander, Sub Pilot, EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) specialist, Ship Captain, Clearance diver, and Deep diver at Marine Nationale, the French Navy.
From September 1964 to April 1986, he dedicated his expertise and skills to the Navy for over two decades, gaining extensive knowledge in various roles.
Following his tenure with the Navy, Nargeolet joined IFREMER in April 1986 as the Director of DESM (Deep Diving Equipment).
During his tenure there, which lasted until January 1996, he played a pivotal role in developing and managing deep-sea diving equipment, contributing to the advancement of underwater exploration and research.
Demonstrating his versatility and entrepreneurial spirit, he ventured into self-employment as a Consultant from January 2004 to March 2007, leveraging his vast expertise to provide valuable insights and guidance in the industry.
His role in this renowned organization allows him to contribute to exploring, preserving, and understanding the historic Titanic wreck.
With his wealth of knowledge and experience, Nargeolet contributes significantly to underwater research and remains a respected figure in the maritime community.
Know About Paul-Henri Nargeolet Wife Michele Marsh
Paul-Henri Nargeolet’s marriage was marked by a deep connection and shared experiences with his former wife, Michele Marsh.
Michele, an esteemed Emmy Award-winning newscaster, made a name for herself as a celebrated anchor on nightly news programs in New York and the couple was blessed with a son named John Paschall.
Their union was a testament to their mutual support and love for one another. Tragically, their journey together was cut short when Michele succumbed to breast cancer in 2017 at the age of 63. Her passing left a profound void in Paul-Henri Nargeolet’s life and the broadcasting community.
However, their memories and the legacy of Michele’s remarkable career continue to be cherished, serving as a reminder of their enduring bond and the indelible impact she made in the world of news journalism.
- In July 1987, approximately two years after the Titanic’s discovery, Paul-Henri Nargeolet embarked on his first dive to the legendary shipwreck.
- He has led over 30 dives to investigate the shipwreck, meticulously documenting its condition and supervising the retrieval of numerous artefacts.
- Among the notable objects recovered under his supervision is a massive 20-tonne fragment, now displayed in Los Angeles, which serves as a poignant reminder of the ship’s grandeur and subsequent demise.
- Paul-Henri Nargeolet’s parents’ names are not available, but as per reports, he was born to his South African-based French parents, and he was the eldest child of his parents and grew up with his siblings.
- Paul-Henri Nargeolet, a prominent figure in the field of maritime exploration, has achieved remarkable success both personally and professionally. With a net worth estimated to be around $1.5 billion, as per other sites.
Who is Paul-Henri Nargeolet?
Paul-Henri Nargeolet is a Businessman and Diver who is serving as the Director of the Underwater Research Program at Premier Exhibitions, RMS Titanic, Inc.
How Old Is Paul-Henri Nargeolet?
Paul-Henri Nargeolet is 77 years old.
Where Is Paul-Henri Nargeolet from?
Paul-Henri Nargeolet is from Chamonix, in the French Alps.
Who is the Wife of Paul-Henri Nargeolet?
Paul-Henri Nargeolet Wife’s name is Michelle Marsh.
What is Paul-Henri Nargeolet Nationality?
Paul-Henri Nargeolet has French nationality.
- Who is Jasper Waller-Bridge Wife? How Much is His Net Worth? - September 25, 2023
- How Old is Chioma Nnadi? Who is the Editor of Vogue? Meet Her Parents - September 23, 2023
- Who is Nadine Arslanian? What is Her Nationality and Education? - September 22, 2023